Super Easy 3 Ingredients (ish) Nutella Brownies.



Mmm... chocolate brownies. Dense, chewy, fudgy, chocolatey goodness with fragrant Nutella running through. I say 3 ingredients ish as the original recipe that I came across really only had 3 ingredients: Nutella, flour and eggs so if you follow the original recipe... that would not be wrong. 


Buuuuut...me being me I decided to add a little cocoa powder to the mix for that extra chocolatey oomf, a pinch of salt and a little vanilla extract. If I made these again I'd probably even add a little fine coffee granules just to add a bit more depth. These are as easy, if not easier to make than the brownie mix that come in a box. So if you ever suddenly fancy a tray square of Nutella-y yumminess that doesn't take an age to make then these are perfect (especially as Easter is coming up, those who have given up chocolate for Lent can guilt free gorge on these!)


The secret to having that lovely crispy, crinkly top is to mix your ingredients really well. I believe this has something to do with the eggs mixing in with the sugar. Readers- correct me if I'm wrong. Watch the timings when you come to bake these brownies as they can easily overbake and they'll become Nutella cake (is that really a bad thing though?). Err on the side of underbaked and you'll get that lovely fudgy gooeyness.



See. Fudgy gooey. I'll let you drool at more pictures now before the recipe at the end...




So without waffling on too long. Here is the recipe, adapted slightly from Kirbie's Cravings. Enjoy!

SUPER EASY NUTELLA BROWNIES
Yields 9-16 squares, depending how generous you cut it...

350g Nutella
45g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
2 eggs

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C and line a 8" square baking tray with baking paper.
  2. In a bowl add the Nutella and eggs and mix really well until smooth and lump free (I nuked the Nutella in the microwave for 10-20 secs to soften first)
  3. Sift the plain flour, cocoa powder and salt together and add to the Nutella mix. Give the mix a good stir until smooth and pour into the prepared baking tray.
  4. Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until a skewer/ toothpick inserted into the centre comes out slightly wet with a few crumbs (the brownies will continue to cook as they're cooling in the tray later)
  5. Cool the brownies completely in the tray before cutting. Tip: If you're impatient like me and can't wait before cutting..use a disposable knife- gives you neat squares without sticking to it! Seriously revolutionary.





2 comments:

  1. Seriously, these look AMAZING! and.... I'm not even a Nutella fan. I came to your site via your Marmite Brownies. How is it possible that no one has commented on it? Oh my! I'd love to give it a go....sooooon. And you know what, I totally understand the 'problem' with being called 'Theresa'... I empathize. Hugs to you my virtual sista! From one Theresa to another Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! These are pretty darn good and so quick to make. I've been experimenting with other types of spreads so watch this space!

      I know right- must be one of those names that people just decide on how to pronounce! Haha

      Delete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Interior designer & part time baker. Lover of architecture, design and all things cute.